Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Holiday breakthroughs and goodbyes

I spent a few days this Holiday break building a ski trailer to avoid the costly REI $275 conversion kit. Some manual labor and thirty dollars later my dad and I built our own conversion kit. Pictured below is my partner pulling the weight (she volunteered! I'm not making her do the work). Check out the cool reindeer headband! This was a fun and quick project. We got the inspiration from OutsideMom.com which I recommend following if you are an outdoorsy family type. They have instructions on how to build your own I took some of there suggestions like using PVC pipe instead of metal. So build your own!

Check out the full details at my web album.
Google+ Web Photos Bike to Ski Trailer

We reluctantly had to say goodbye to our second exchange student Ichitaru. He went back to Japan mid December. We wish him luck with his voice acting career and hope to see a movie with his voice over! Ichi made an impression on our kid who would constantly yell his name, "ICHI!" and he would reply, "Nani" which means 'what' in Japanese. This was the most hilarious thing for about the 100th time and sort of wore off with everyone except our kid.

www.lukewisher.com
Click photo to view the web album via Smugmug
We have gone into a new social world this month when trying to get inspiration for wedding stuff. Of course I've turned our Pinterest account into a project idea account for stuff not pertaining to our wedding. Check out how clearly I want my egress window built if you so desire. We love pinterest though. I feel like this tool is very handy when talking to contractors or engineers so they know what I'm interested in. I otherwise do the drawings myself but use pinterest to build a catalog of my inspiration.

http://pinterest.com/kosmecki/egress-ideas-walkout-window/

1 comment:

lindsey said...

Hey, check that out. It looks great! And the smile on that face tells me it worked out pretty good eh. Nicely done!